Houston Expunction & Nondisclosure Lawyer
Expunge Your Record Today to Protect Your Future
If you have ever spoken with an individual who has a criminal charge on their record, you probably know the impact a conviction can make on a person’s life. The good news is that in Texas there are ways to protect your reputation and improve your chances of getting a job following an arrest or criminal conviction.
When you reach out to the Houston expunction and nondisclosure attorney at Omar Saman, P.C., you can discuss the details of your case with a knowledgeable legal professional and learn about your options for clearing your criminal record.
Texas Expunction Eligibility
In Texas, most convictions cannot be removed from an individual’s record. However, there are certain circumstances that allow a person to permanently remove information about a previous charge, arrest, or conviction.
Texas Expunction Eligibility depend on if:
- You were arrested for a crime but never charged
- You received a conviction for failure to attend school
- Your criminal charge was ultimately dismissed
- You were convicted for an alcohol-related crime as a minor
- You committed a qualifying misdemeanor juvenile offense
- Your conviction was acquitted by the trial court or the Criminal Court of Appeals
- You have a charge, arrest, or conviction on your record because someone committed a crime under your identity
- Your conviction was pardoned by the governor of Texas or the President of the United States
It is important to realize that meeting any of the above qualifications does not mean you will automatically receive expunction. Before applying for expunction, you should seek legal advice from an experienced criminal defense lawyer to make sure you are eligible. As your advocate, I can help ensure no costly errors are made during the application process.
Understanding Nondisclosure Orders
If you do not qualify for expunction, you may still be able to obtain a nondisclosure action. Although nondisclosure does not clear your record, it can keep your criminal activity hidden from potential employers, apartment managers, universities, and others.
The rules for who may apply for a nondisclosure order are complex. Let me evaluate your situation and determine if this option is right for you.
Get Help Sealing Your Criminal Record
Since 2003, the Houston expunction and nondisclosure lawyer at Omar Saman, P.C. has helped numerous clients clear their records of a wide variety of crimes. Sealing your record is a vital component of a successful future and I am committed to helping you achieve this goal.
Schedule your free consultation today, by dialing (713) 521-9955.