Misdemeanor Attorney in Houston
Relentlessly Fighting for Your Rights & Freedom
Many people who get charged with misdemeanor crimes make the mistake of not taking their situation seriously. While misdemeanors are punished less harshly than felony offenses, the consequences a conviction can have on your life are far-reaching and long-lasting. Depending on your specific circumstances, you could face thousands of dollars in fines, lengthy imprisonment, revoked driving privileges, and more.
The Texas misdemeanor categories and their corresponding penalties are as follows:
- Class C misdemeanor. This is the least serious category. While there is no jail time for a conviction, you could still face fines of up to $500.
- Class B misdemeanor. A conviction for this type of offense could result in a fine of up to $2,000 and up to 180 days in a county jail.
- Class A misdemeanor. This is the most serious category. A conviction for a Class A misdemeanor could result in a fine of up to $4,000 and up to 1 year in a county jail.
However, if there are certain aggravating factors in your case, you could face even harsher penalties. For example, you could face longer jail time and steeper fines if this was a repeat offense, if drugs or weapons were used in the commission of the crime, or if the offense was motivated by prejudice or bias. Fortunately, Omar Saman, P.C. has a comprehensive understanding of this complex area of law, and I can effectively fight for your freedom today.
Committed to Your Success & Satisfaction
I have more than 20 years of experience in Texas criminal law. I am deeply familiar with misdemeanor offenses, and I have successfully helped thousands of clients over the course of my career. I can assist you, as well. I can proficiently guide you through the criminal proceedings as I defend your rights and help you make well-informed decisions. Also, I am available 24/7, so you can count on me to be there for you when you need me most. No matter how difficult your situation is, I am dedicated to getting the charges against you reduced or dismissed entirely.
Common misdemeanor offenses I handle include the following, and more:
- Certain drug crimes with small amounts of a controlled substance
- Certain weapons possessions offenses
- Disorderly conduct offenses
- DWI first offenses
- Petty theft
Contact a knowledgeable misdemeanor lawyer in Houston today by calling me at (713) 521-9955. Call now and schedule your free initial consultation.