Houston Theft Crime Defense Lawyer
Types of Texas Theft Crimes
Theft refers to one person taking the property of another with the intention of depriving the owner of that property. Even the lowest forms of theft can affect a person’s life for years into the future, making it challenging to find some types of work or get into specific universities.
Contact me right away if you have been charged with:
- Auto theft
- Identity theft
- Petty larceny
- Armed robbery
- Receiving stolen property
- Writing bad checks
What Are the Penalties for Theft in Texas?
Generally, theft crimes are classified and penalized according to the value of the alleged stolen property and whether a weapon was involved. Convictions can range from misdemeanors to felonies.
The classifications and punishments for theft in Texas include:
- First-degree felony (more than $200,000): Five to 99 years in jail and a fine of up to $10,000
- Second-degree felony ($100,000-$200,000): Two to 20 years in jail and a fine of up to $10,000
- Third-degree felony ($20,000-$100,000): Two to 10 years in jail and a fine of up to $10,000
- State jail felony ($1,500-$20,000): 180 days to two years in jail and a fine of up to $10,000
- Class A misdemeanor ($500-$1500): A maximum of one year in jail and/or a fine of up to $4,000
- Class B misdemeanor ($50-$500): A maximum of 180 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $2,000
- Class C misdemeanor (less than $50): A fine of up to $500
Theft Crime Legal Counsel by Omar Saman, P.C.
If you have been arrested and charged with a theft crime in Houston, turn to Omar Saman, P.C. For over 15 years, I have helped countless individuals reduce or dismiss their charges for numerous types of theft crimes. No matter what theft allegations you are facing, I have the necessary knowledge and experience to handle your case. Regardless of the charges you face, you can trust the Houston theft crimes lawyer at Omar Saman, P.C. to offer you sound legal advice and aggressively defend your case.
Arrange your free consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney today, by contacting (713) 521-9955.